During this Series we are challenged not only to Do Something for our family, for our friends, for our community, but also for ourselves. The challenge is the learn that the Bible, written many centuries ago, is as relevant today in our lives as it was when its words were first penned.
1. Plan – John 14:12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 NIV
2. Preparation – Ephesians 2:10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 NIV
3. Purpose – 1 John 5:3This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome…1 John 5:3 NIV
4. Pain – Hebrews 12:11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 NIV
5. Power – Ephesians 3:20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…Ephesians 3:20 NIV
6. Passion – Luke 9:62Jesus replied, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62 NIV