On Facebook and Twitter
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- December 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- March 2009
Our annual tradition! We will have a joint service with True Light and a baptism at 10:30AM July 21, 2019 at Pine Grove Group Camp in Sibbald, Kananaskis Country. This is followed by a potluck picnic at noon. Please bring whatever you like to share and your own drinking water. See you there!
Note: There will be NO SERVICE AT THE ECA.
Pine Grove B Campground is approximately 45 minutes from Edgemont. I would recommend leaving Calgary at 9:30AM. Head west on Highway 1 for about 45 km. Take the Sibbald Trail (Hwy 68) exit and in 16.5 km you are there. https://goo.gl/maps/RPJwVQsKEdWQSW2W8
If you need a ride, or would like to go out on Saturday for the day, contact Pastor Jeff.
If you would like to camp for the weekend, please contact Charman Cross. NWCC has Group Camp B and True Light has site A. There is NO CELL COVERAGE at the site.
6PM Sunday May 26, 2019 at the ECA
At our final prayer summit before summer, we will have a special time of healing prayer with Roger Helland. He has a lot of experience and deep theology in this area and has been sharing this with BGCA churches. If you know anyone who would like prayer for physical healing please invite them. And we have a children’s program, so bring your kids!
This is the HOLY WEEK before Easter. Just as Jesus invited his disciples to pray with him in Gethsemane, let’s spend a little time each day this week with Him. Each day I will post a reading and a prayer in our Facebook group.
Happy New Year!
Here is the 2019 Bible Prayer and Fasting plan.
And here is our 2019 Bible reading plan.
Please join us in starting the year off right!
Here are a few things happening this Advent at Northwest Community Church:
• Sat.Dec.1 – Want some daily Advent readings? Here are some by Pastor John Piper
• Sun.Dec.2 – 10:30AM Communion Service – 1st Sunday of Advent!
• Sun.Dec.2 – 6PM Prayer Summit – begin Advent with prayer. Children’s program too!
• Fri.Dec.7 – 7PM ROC Youth Christmas Party at Unger’s
• Sat.Dec.8 – 10AM Bean’s at Bea’s. Bring a $5 wrapped gift for a gift exchange.
• Sun.Dec.9 – 2nd Sunday of Advent
• Wed.Dec.12 – Deadline for Christmas Hamper Gifts. Sign-up in Facebook group.
• Sat.Dec.15 – 10AM Christmas Hamper Wrapping at the ECA
• Sat.Dec.15 – 6PM Camp Chestermere Christmas Party
• Sun.Dec.16 – 10:30AM Discovery Zone Christmas Program
• Sun.Dec.16 – 6PM Caroling at the Edgemont
• Sun.Dec.23 – 10:30AM Christmas Vigil Prayer (in lieu of a service)
• Mon.Dec.24 – 6PM Candlelight Christmas Eve Baptism Service
Northwest Community Church
33 Edgevalley Circle NW, Calgary, AB
email@example.com, nwcchurch.ca, facebook.com/nwcchurch, instagram.com/nwcchurch
Pastor Kara has been mentored by the Prayer Leader at Southland and would like to offer this training to all who are interested at Northwest! This fall she will do 4 prayer ministry training sessions (targeted at After Service Prayer Ministry, but open and useful to all), and then 6 Hearing God sessions (all new with her own examples!) You are welcome to join for either training or both. If you are interested, talk to Pastor Kara. Here is a description:
Prayer Ministry Training:
Prayer is absolutely vital to corporate growth within the church. It sustains the momentum of the church by releasing the Holy Spirit to work on behalf of the purposes of God. A lack of prayer causes us to fall back on our own abilities and skills, moving us to become self-reliant. Our purpose and goal is to rely on God and His directives first. When prayer precedes abilities and skills, it helps us engage in ministry that endures for eternity! Join us for training in this critical discipline and ministry.
Does God still speak today? This is one of the most important questions a Christian can explore, and has huge implications for every aspect of a person’s life and walk with God.
- This Hearing God seminar consists of six sessions.
- Each participant gets a Hearing God participant manual.
- Each of the six sessions has three components:
– A 45 minute teaching section to give seminar participants understanding of what Scripture says about hearing and conversing with God.
– A 45 minute practicum section to guide seminar participants into the practice of various aspects of hearing and conversing with God.
– A homework section to guide seminar participants to grow in their practice of hearing and conversing with God.
- Each practicum builds upon the previous session’s practicum, so that the entire seminar guides the participants into a progressively growing relationship with God through the application of hearing God in all aspects of life.
- The following outlines the progression of hearing God practicums and homework exercises:
Session 1: Simple question and conversation
Session 2: Meditation question and conversation
Session 3: “CAMPUS” question and conversation
Session 4: Command question and conversation
Session 5: Guidance question and conversation
Session 6: Topical questions and conversation
We pray these sessions will help with our corporate prayer goal to Abide in Daily Conversation with God.