Pastor Kara has been mentored by the Prayer Leader at Southland and would like to offer this training to all who are interested at Northwest! This fall she will do 4 prayer ministry training sessions (targeted at After Service Prayer Ministry, but open and useful to all), and then 6 Hearing God sessions (all new with her own examples!) You are welcome to join for either training or both. If you are interested, talk to Pastor Kara. Here is a description:
Prayer Ministry Training:
Prayer is absolutely vital to corporate growth within the church. It sustains the momentum of the church by releasing the Holy Spirit to work on behalf of the purposes of God. A lack of prayer causes us to fall back on our own abilities and skills, moving us to become self-reliant. Our purpose and goal is to rely on God and His directives first. When prayer precedes abilities and skills, it helps us engage in ministry that endures for eternity! Join us for training in this critical discipline and ministry.
Does God still speak today? This is one of the most important questions a Christian can explore, and has huge implications for every aspect of a person’s life and walk with God.
- This Hearing God seminar consists of six sessions.
- Each participant gets a Hearing God participant manual.
- Each of the six sessions has three components:
– A 45 minute teaching section to give seminar participants understanding of what Scripture says about hearing and conversing with God.
– A 45 minute practicum section to guide seminar participants into the practice of various aspects of hearing and conversing with God.
– A homework section to guide seminar participants to grow in their practice of hearing and conversing with God.
- Each practicum builds upon the previous session’s practicum, so that the entire seminar guides the participants into a progressively growing relationship with God through the application of hearing God in all aspects of life.
- The following outlines the progression of hearing God practicums and homework exercises:
Session 1: Simple question and conversation
Session 2: Meditation question and conversation
Session 3: “CAMPUS” question and conversation
Session 4: Command question and conversation
Session 5: Guidance question and conversation
Session 6: Topical questions and conversation
We pray these sessions will help with our corporate prayer goal to Abide in Daily Conversation with God.
Pastor Jeff has heard a lot about the Canadian ministry called Freedom Sessions and would like to try it with a group of men this fall 2018. (If it goes well, we’ll offer it to men & women next year.) If you are interested, talk to Pastor Jeff. Here is a description:
Freedom Session is a 20 week, intensive healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. This will be a group that meets weekly in a living room. Each group session includes video teaching, small group discussion, and homework in a comprehensive FS manual.
Freedom Session is equally effective for people from all walks of life, every socio-economic level and virtually every possible area of woundedness. For example…
- Men who live for the affirmation of others, those unable to say no or erect legitimate boundaries, and those who afraid to say what they really feel. Those who’ve lived in the shadow of others, feel unworthy, never quite good enough or fundamentally flawed.
- Men struggling with purity issues such as pornography and sexual addiction. FS helps people find freedom from the addiction, the shame and opens the door to Christ’s healing for the emptiness that often drives these behaviors.
- Men who’ve been wounded through physical, sexual and/or emotional abuse. FS helps facilitate healing from past trauma but also lessen the impact these past experiences continue to have on your life. It’s not the trauma that controls our lives today but the interpretation of the trauma. FS can give you back your voice and permission to breathe.
- Men with less obvious wounds and/or issues in their lives (i.e.: anger, control, abuse, isolation, frozen emotions, sarcasm, broken or codependent relationships) who are seeking wholeness & significance. Men who just sense something is missing.
- Men who compulsively use food, alcohol and/or drugs to alter their moods or avoid dealing with life. FS helps you identify the deeper issues that make escaping so attractive.
- Men walking through valleys of depression. We understand depression is a multi-factorial condition and may at times require medication. But when depression has a source birthed in painful experience, we have seen God bring about amazing healing as these memories are processed in a supportive environment.
- Men who escape into the fantasy world of TV, books, movies, or computer gaming.
Those who are just ready to give up…or already have and have settled for a life of mediocrity. They’ve been to church for years, know all the right answers but begin to wonder if the Jesus they’ve heard and even spoken about really does exist..and if so, why does He seem so far away?
- Young men planning for marriage and just wanting to deal with some of the mistakes they’ve made in the past or hurtful memories endured while growing up.
- Those currently going through relationship breakdown. There is both true and false guilt associated with this. Both forms of guilt feel the same and both are uncovered and dealt with at FS. Un-dealt with guilt feels very much like condemnation.
We’re all on the same journey. We all want to be loved, find meaning and hope in this life and in our relationships. We’ve all been broken to some degree. And we all need a measure of healing. Freedom Session is for everyone! In its simplest form, FS is writing your story with a new and God-inspired ending.
If you can relate to any of the above issues or love someone struggling in any of these areas, contact Pastor Jeff about the upcoming Freedom Sessions.
We pray these sessions will help with our corporate prayer goal to Abide in Freedom.
LOCATION: Sandy McNabb Group A (Link provides directions from Edgemont Community Centre. It is approximately 90 minutes door to door.)
Church will be held in the Group Site at 10:00 a.m. Baptisms at the river to follow. Potluck lunch is planned immediately following. Please bring your own drinks and enough food for your family and bit extra to share. Plates, cutlery, napkins provided.
NOTE: NO SERVICE AT THE ECA.
“Justice Roll” Sermon Series has begun! Here is the cartoon summary of the Book of Amos that I like…
Happy New Year!
Jesus said he wants his words to abide in us. (John 15:7)
Here is our “Building Abiding” corporate prayer goals for 2018 and our January guide for our Month of Prayer and Fasting… Corporate Prayer Goals for 2018
And a guide we can use if you would like to make daily bible reading one of your New Year’s resolutions… Daily Bible Reading Guide 2018
Also, a devotional by Andrew Murray, if you like… Andrew Murray – Abide in Christ
May God help us to abide in Him in 2018!
This Sunday is our annual baptismal service in the mountains! And the forecast is sunny and 26C!
WHEN: Communion service at 10:30AM Sunday July 16 followed by baptism in the river. Then picnic potluck at noon. Done by 2PM.
WHERE: Sandy McNabb Group Camp A
- 21km west of Turner Valley on highway 546.
- It is approximately 90 minutes door to door.
WHAT TO BRING: A lawn chair, something to drink, food for the potluck (whatever you like). Plates, cutlery, napkins will be provided.
- There is no cell service at Sandy McNabb.
- There is no English service at the ECC on Sunday.
See you there!