Pastor Jeff led Freedom Session with a group of men last year and it was so powerful he and Tricia are offering it again this fall for both men and women. If you are interested, please talk to Pastor Jeff. Here is a description:
Freedom Session is a 20 week, intensive healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. This will be a group that meets weekly in a living room. Each group session includes video teaching, small group discussion, and homework in a comprehensive FS manual.
Freedom Session is equally effective for people from all walks of life, every socio-economic level and virtually every possible area of woundedness. For example…
- People who live for the affirmation of others, those unable to say no or erect legitimate boundaries, and those who afraid to say what they really feel. Those who’ve lived in the shadow of others, feel unworthy, never quite good enough or fundamentally flawed.
- Those struggling with purity issues such as pornography and sexual addiction. FS helps people find freedom from the addiction, the shame and opens the door to Christ’s healing for the emptiness that often drives these behaviors.
- People who’ve been wounded through physical, sexual and/or emotional abuse. FS helps facilitate healing from past trauma but also lessen the impact these past experiences continue to have on your life. It’s not the trauma that controls our lives today but the interpretation of the trauma. FS can give you back your voice and permission to breathe.
- Those with less obvious wounds and/or issues in their lives (i.e.: anger, control, abuse, isolation, frozen emotions, sarcasm, broken or codependent relationships) who are seeking wholeness & significance. Men who just sense something is missing.
- People who compulsively use food, alcohol and/or drugs to alter their moods or avoid dealing with life. FS helps you identify the deeper issues that make escaping so attractive.
- Those walking through valleys of depression. We understand depression is a multi-factorial condition and may at times require medication. But when depression has a source birthed in painful experience, we have seen God bring about amazing healing as these memories are processed in a supportive environment.
- People who escape into the fantasy world of TV, books, movies, or computer gaming.
Those who are just ready to give up…or already have and have settled for a life of mediocrity. They’ve been to church for years, know all the right answers but begin to wonder if the Jesus they’ve heard and even spoken about really does exist..and if so, why does He seem so far away?
- Young adults planning for marriage and just wanting to deal with some of the mistakes they’ve made in the past or hurtful memories endured while growing up.
- Those currently going through relationship breakdown. There is both true and false guilt associated with this. Both forms of guilt feel the same and both are uncovered and dealt with at FS. Un-dealt with guilt feels very much like condemnation.
We’re all on the same journey. We all want to be loved, find meaning and hope in this life and in our relationships. We’ve all been broken to some degree. And we all need a measure of healing. Freedom Session is for everyone! In its simplest form, FS is writing your story with a new and God-inspired ending.
If you can relate to any of the above issues or love someone struggling in any of these areas, contact Pastor Jeff about the upcoming Freedom Session.
We pray these sessions will help with our corporate prayer goal for “freedom that bears fruit”.